Please also check the main learning page by clicking on the "Our Learning" rather than the arrow next to it. You'll find quizzes and challenges for the whole school!
Times table rockstars
Accelerated reading (working towards a quiz once per week) Ensure you use our page: https://ukhosted72.renlearn.co.uk/2250112
English Zoom lessons
Below are the resources you will need for the English lessons this week.
English W/C 6.7.20
|Year 5 English Monday All Groups.pptx||Download|
|Year 5 English Group A Monday.docx||Download|
|Year 5 English Group B Monday.docx||Download|
|Year 5 English Group C Monday.docx||Download|
|Year 5 English All Groups Tuesday.pptx||Download|
|Year 5 English Group A Tuesday.docx||Download|
|Year 5 English Group B Tuesday.docx||Download|
|Year 5 English Group C Tuesday.docx||Download|
|Year 5 English All Groups Wednesday.pptx||Download|
|Year 5 English Group A Wednesday.docx||Download|
Maths Zoom Lessons
Below are the resources you will need for your zoom lesson each day. There is a document listed below with video links for each days learning. Please watch these before your Zoom lesson with school. All groups will watch the same video.
The answers for each day will be uploaded at 2pm for you to self check.
Maths W/C 6.7.20
|Video links to support learning.pdf||Download|
|Year 5 Maths Everyone Monday.pdf||Download|
|Year 5 Maths Challenge Questions Monday.rtf||Download|
|Year 5 Maths Everyone Tuesday.pdf||Download|
|Year 5 Maths Challenge Tuesday.docx||Download|
|Year 5 Maths Everyone Wednesday.pdf||Download|
|Year 5 Maths Challenge Wednesday.docx||Download|
|Year 5 Maths Everyone Thursday.pdf||Download|
|Year 5 Challenge Thursday.pdf||Download|
|Year 5 Maths Friday Group A.docx||Download|
Blue Bubble won the battle! The scores were:
Blue Bubble - 17,387.
Willow - 1,660
Maple - 6,425
Transition to Secondary School:
What is life like in the first year at secondary school? Follow Alfie through a typical day in Year 7 from when he gets up to what happens in class and what he gets up to after school.
General Home Learning:
Please see the following links that will support home learning:
- White Rose Maths Home Learning: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/ --> on here, there are daily lessons, where you will be talked through the steps. Then, there is an activity sheet and answer sheet available. If you don't have access to a printer, just use any paper you have to write the answers on.
- Daily maths lessons - http://www.iseemaths.com/lessons56/ --> an alternative / extra resource to support daily maths home learning.
- https://www.themathsfactor.com/ Is currently FREE for everybody to use so get signed up.
- Use the Minimaths website - there are useful videos and activities to complete, along with practice arithmetic papers in preparation for SATs - https://myminimaths.co.uk/year-6-mini-maths/
- Use the Year 6 CGP maths revision guide
- Log on to Times Table Rockstars to compete in the Battle of the Bands (Oak vs Larch)
- If you're struggling to motivate your child with ideas to write then this pack could help you structure a piece of writing together.'
- 10 minute writing challenges - https://authorfy.com/10minutechallenges/ --> 10 minute writing challenges set by different authors to encourage writing and creativity. Designed to take 10 minutes (as a suggestion) for a short burst of writing.
- Work through the Home Learning Packs/ Additional learning packs can be found on https://www.hamilton-trust.org.uk/blog/learning-home-packs/
General home learning:
- Past SAT papers can be found at the following link and downloaded - https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/national-curriculum-assessments-practice-materials - here you will be able to find reading papers; grammar, punctuation and spelling papers; and maths papers from the past 3 years.
- Twinkl resources - this website can be used to support with more Home Learning Packs. Sign up by following the steps below: www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
- Refer to the National Curriculum Spelling List (scroll down to the Year 5/6 word list) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/239784/English_Appendix_1_-_Spelling.pdf - practise these spellings along with the word searches found in the Home Learning Pack (scroll down to the Year 5/6 word list)
- Log on to Education City, where work has been set under the folder named Home Learning
Stuck as a parent? Find the National Curriculum for Parents link below
Life skills to learn while you are at home:
- How to make your bed
- Maintain a diary- good practice for Secondary school!
- Take on additional responsibility at home (e.g. walking the family pet)
- Complete an act of kindness
- Learn to tell the time on an analogue clock: stick to deadlines.
- Bake / cook a meal for your family
- Do the washing up
Non-Screen activities- can you complete them all?
Learning Support Assistants: